Competences – upon completion the learner will have acquired the responsibility and autonomy to:
1. Ensure a safe environment by using the necessary protective wear and keeping the area safe.
2. Prepare appropriate meal using the required foodstuff under supervision.
3. Feed, water, care and housing animals.
4. Feed the animals
5. Milk the goat and/or sheep.
6. Collect the eggs produced by the chicken
7. Being able to use the tools, machines and equipment used for different purposes in animal care, namely feeding, watering, cleaning and manure handling.
8. Adherence to legal requirements in husbandry.
9. Calculate the cost of production
10. Maintain a portfolio
11. Prepare an exhibition on a given topic
12. Demonstrate an active citizen through the practice of permaculture in husbandry
13. Practice hands-on learning by raising a variety of non-domestic animals.